- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams. This is also true for house rentals.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- In case of electronic goods, cars, and bikes you should test the functioning of the item before purchase. Verify vehicle chassis number. 3rd party services are available that can provide the history of a vehicle for theft, damage, and for identification purposes.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
Article is closed for comments.